Below is one of the Handouts from Forum #2 that Get Moving OC hosted. Notice the CHALLENGES and COSTS associated with Option #9:
- TRAFFIC RELIEF – Only moderate regional north-south traffic relief
- COMMUNITY OPPOSITION – (from LR, RMV, and SJC)
- EMINENT DOMAIN – Will require eminent domain to acquire necessary right of way
- HIGH IMPACT – High impact to built and natural environment, right-of-way, and utilities
- REGULATORY PERMIT – Moderately difficult to obtain regulatory permit
- HIGH COST – Projected cost greater than $600 million
- NO FUNDING – No identified source of funding
Below is one of the graphs shown in the SmithJohnson Survey. Note that the Beltway is the LEAST desirable option.
Below is one of the graphs that was included in the recent analysis of the newest option, Option 21. It shows that Option 18 provides the least benefit for traffic relief when compared to other options.